Call Our Air Conditioning Specialists in Ramona California
Air conditioner maintenance can save you from system breakdowns and keep your family comfortable season after season. Just as you perform regular service on your car, your air conditioner needs to be maintained as well. With regular maintenance, potential problems can easily be discovered before they grow into major issues and leave you without a functioning air conditioner on a scorching summer day.
Do I Need an Air Conditioner Maintenance Agreement?
There are several reasons why an air conditioning maintenance agreement is a good idea:
- Warranty protection -If you do not have regular maintenance performed on your cooling systems, it can void your warranty. A maintenance program will help you avoid this and keep your system warranty intact.
- Energy savings – a well-maintained cooling system will perform more efficiently than one that is not. Keep your energy bills low with a maintenance program.
- Discounted repairs – with a maintenance program any repairs your system may need will receive discounted pricing.
- Peace of mind – with routine maintenance, you can know that your cooling system is in good working order.
Signs of Wear & Tear on an Air Conditioner
Your air conditioner may have seen better days, and you may have even taken note of that. However, this doesn’t always mean that you need to completely replace the unit.
Still, some problems are more significant than others, including:
- Having to use more electricity to run your AC
- Your AC is turning off and on more often than it should or used to
- Uneven distribution of air throughout your home
Models younger than 5 years can usually be repaired, but their longevity is greatly increased through scheduled maintenance of the machine by a trained HVAC technician.
Our Maintenance System
At every maintenance appointment you schedule with Oak Island Heating and Air Conditioning, our trained technicians will perform the following tasks on your AC unit to make sure it keeps running like a top in between then and your next appointment.
These tasks include:
- Condenser coil cleaning
- Checking for tightness in electrical connections
- Making adjustments for ideal cooling
- Testing for leaks in oil and refrigerant
- Making sure safety devices are in working order
- Correcting tension, wears, or alignment issues in the blower belt
- Ensure proper temperatures in the coils and assess the expansion valve
- Assess if the air filter needs cleaning or replacement
- Refrigerant level monitoring
- Cleaning the AC’s draining area for condensate
- Applying lubrication to areas of the air conditioner that need it
Our other Ramona heating and air conditioning services may be right for you as well.