Top-Rated Furnace Specialists
Most homes in Oceanside are heated with furnaces that use natural gas. Furnaces heat air and distribute the heated air through the house, using the same ventilation ducts that the air conditioner uses to cool the home.
How Do I Know My Furnace Repair?
- Your furnace isn’t producing heat. If you have a gas furnace, this problem might mean that your pilot light is out. If you have an electric furnace, you may have a blown fuse.
- Your blower fan is running constantly. You may need to replace or repair the fan control switch on your furnace.
- Your furnace is noisy. This could mean your furnace needs to have its parts oiled or that the pilot needs to be adjusted.
- Your pilot light is out. It needs to be re-lit. Improperly lighting your pilot light can be a safety hazard, so it is best that you call a furnace repair technician.
Furnace Replacement in Oceanside
Furnaces, even those that are well maintained, will eventually need to be replaced. When furnaces wear down over time, their efficiency levels decrease, affecting both your energy bills and the comfort level of your home.
It may be most cost-effective to replace your furnace with a newer, more efficient model. Today’s furnaces are much more efficient than even those produced only a few years ago. When shopping for high-efficiency furnaces and boilers, look for the ENERGY STAR® label, which is sort of the Environmental Protection Agency’s seal of approval with the product.
Types of Furnace Replacement
- Gas Furnace Replacement: The new state-of-the-art gas furnaces are quieter and more efficient than older models, providing superior performance and significant energy savings.
- Electric Furnace Replacement: Energy efficiency upgrades and a new high-efficiency heating system can often cut your fuel bills and your furnace’s pollution output in half.
- Dual Fuel Furnace Replacement: If you have an existing heat pump, electric furnace, or gas furnace, replacing your system with a dual fuel furnace can help you save big. A dual fuel furnace uses an energy-efficient heat pump to heat and cools your home until temperatures reach a range where the heat pump can no longer effectively heat your home. A secondary furnace, usually gas-fueled, then turns on to supply heat. These dual fuel systems provide ultimate energy efficiency and comfort.
The industry experts at Oak Island Heating and Air Conditioning will provide you the correct information to help decide if your furnace needs to be repaired or simply replaced.
Our other Oceanside HVAC services may be of interest to you as well