Air Conditioner Replacement in La Jolla CA
Helping You Find a New, Improved, and Cost-Efficient Air Conditioner
Replacing your home’s air conditioning system is one of the most important decisions you can make for your home. Sometimes it is fairly obvious when your air conditioner needs to be replaced, but many times it’s not easy to know if you should repair or replace it. This is precisely where we can help you make an informed decision about your unit.
With higher electricity costs and the new high-efficiency heating and cooling systems, it usually makes sense to replace an older system. A new HVAC system will not only improve the comfort of your home, but they will also your monthly utility bills significantly-sometimes as much as 50%!
You should consider getting a new air conditioner if:
- Your air conditioning system is more than 10 years old. Air conditioners, with proper maintenance, can be expected to work at a high level for 10 to 15 years. Beyond that point, your air conditioning system will become far less efficient, while needing more frequent repairs and not cooling as effectively as it once did.
- Your AC system requires frequent repairs. If your air conditioning system is frequently breaking down and requiring repairs, it’s a good idea to replace rather than repair. A good tip is to estimate the cost of the last 6 months of repairs plus the anticipated repairs for the next 6 months-compare that to the price of a new unit, and choose the cheaper option.
- Your AC system is making loud or unusual noises. If your air conditioner is making loud or unusual noises, it probably has a major issue that could make replacement a better investment than repair.
- Your cooling costs are increasing. Running an old air conditioning system wastes energy and money, which you can see in a higher energy bill.
Types of Air Conditioners Available in La Jolla
The best heating and cooling system for your home generally depends on the size of your home and its individual rooms, the layout of all the rooms, and how much heat is normally generated in those rooms. We recommend you get professional advice when considering which type of air conditioner is best for you. Some of the most common air conditioners are:
- A Central Air Conditioning System or HVAC System is the most popular type of home heating and cooling system in Southern California. It uses a duct system to transfer hot and cold air throughout the house in combination with both heating and cooling components and temperature control thermostats to maintain a comfortable home all year round.
- Window air conditioners are singular units installed in windows. The cooled air is blown out on one end inside the room and hot air is blown to the outside.
- Portable air conditioners are smaller, mobile air conditioning systems placed on the floor inside a room. They discharge exhaust heat through the exterior wall using a hose vent.
Choosing Your New Air Conditioning Unit
Every home’s heating and cooling system should be custom designed and installed by a licensed and experienced air conditioning contractor. Oak Island Heating and Air Conditioning starts with in-home inspection and comfort analysis in order to provide an accurate price quote that is right for your home.
Central heating and air conditioning systems generally fall into 3 categories, depending on the size of your home.
- Smaller Residences:
Up to 2,000 square feet
1 or 1.5 Story
$40 to $250/month with financing, or $5,000 – $15,000
- Average Suburban Homes:
2,000 – 3500 square feet1-3 Story
$100-$500/month with financing, or $8,000 to $25,000
- Large or Luxury Homes:
3500+ square feet
Various levels or highly custom
$250+ per month with financing, or $18,000 to $40,000+
Get a Customized Price Quote Today
At Oak Island, our licensed air conditioning specialists are trained to determine how to properly do a cooling load calculation for your home. We take into account your home’s:
- Square footage
- Ventilation ducts or vents
- Your temperature preferences
Make sure you check out our other La Jolla heating ac services for your home