Home Heat Pump Repair in San Marcos, Carlsbad, and North SD County
San Diego Heating Specialists
Heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to furnaces and air conditioners. Because they move heat rather than produce heat, they provide the same amount of heat for less than half the cost of using other heating and cooling methods.
Common Issues with Heat Pumps
The following problems most often indicate that a heat pump needs repair:
- Heat Pump Is Not Heating or Cooling Sufficiently: It may have a leak or need to be recharged.
- Heating Costs Are Increasing: If your bills are increasing, your heat pump may be working less efficiently, or it could simply be at an improper temperature control setting.
- The Compressor is Frozen: If your heat pump does not properly defrost or freezes, it may be due to snowfall or debris blocking condensation drainage.
Heat pump repair should only be performed by a trained and certified heat pump repair technician. Heat pumps contain refrigerant chemicals that are hazardous if mishandled, so they must be disposed of properly.
How to Know If You Need Heat Pump Replacement
If you have a relatively new heat pump that has broken down, it is very unlikely that you will need to replace your system; a simple repair should do the trick. If you have an older heat pump, however, a replacement would likely be the best choice. If you are unsure whether you should repair or replace your heating system, keep these things in mind.
A replacement may be necessary if:
- Your heating pump needs frequent repairs. If your heat pump is breaking down frequently, this usually means your heating pump has serious problems that cannot be fully fixed by repairs alone. If you are experiencing multiple breakdowns, we recommend replacing your heating pump.
- Your heat pump is more than 10 years old. Older heat pumps will generally break down more often. If your heat pump is 10 years or older, replacing it may be the best investment.
- Your heating bills are increasing. If your heating bills are increasing, it likely means that your heat pump is losing efficiency. It is nearly impossible to fully regain efficiency losses in old heating systems.
Whether your system needs repair or replacement, Oak Island Heating & Air Conditioning offers top of the line products and services.
Call today and schedule a free consultation with one of our Home Comfort Specialists to make a plan to repair or install your new warming system.